Friday, February 14, 2014

11 Hour School Days

I am writing this blog post from the luxurious seats of the 968 to Karmiel. I figured that a 3 hour bus ride was the perfect time to reflect on the past week. It was a fairly normal week, simply getting into the stream of things.

We had our first Jewish history test. We had three hours to take it. It was long. But it wasn’t actually that bad. Along with that test, I also had a couple chemistry quizzes, a couple pop quizzes in math, a research paper in APUSH (AP US History), and small papers in AP English. Though its really not as dreadful as it sounds.

The classes here are very different than at home. My largest class (besides Jewish History and Hebrew) is six people. There is a lot of individual attention which is really quite helpful. People keep asking me if its harder here or at Allderdice (home high school). I can never really supply with them with an adequate answer. We get more done in class here than we do at Dice. Along with that comes more information per class, which can makes certain things confusing and hard to grasp.  Especially in math. 

Despite the long list of homework that I mentioned, its not that hard. The quizzes and papers aren’t of the same rigor as Dice.

Oh but did I mention that I have an 11 hour school day? If you were wondering how that’s remotely possible or bearable here is my schedule

8:15-11:00 Jewish History with my fabulous teacher, Aaron Gertz
11:10-12:55-ish Hebrew
1-1:55 Lunch
Ok since I don’t know all the exact times… the next classes are all 45 minutes with 10 minutes between each class
English
Precalc/trig/El fun
SAT prep on Sundays and Tuesdays
Spanish on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday (only student in class)
APUSH
Chemistry 

Yup. So just thought I’d let you all know what my day normally looks like.
Did I mention I’m on the bus to Karmiel? I am currently going up North to visit all my friends from Diller from this summer. My words here aren’t properly reflecting my excitement, but I’m actually bursting.  Its unreal that I get to see them again.

That’s all for now!

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Shoshana :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time between classes must seem like a vacation compared to running around Dice.

    ReplyDelete